Retail Virtual Asset Trading in Hong Kong & Its Implications
The seminar will discuss SFC's policy proposal to allow retail investors to trade digital tokens on licensed virtual-asset platforms with regulatory oversight. It will also focus on Hong Kong's goal to become a leading Web3 hub in JI Hub and the opportunities and challenges that come with it.
Time & Location
May 23, 2023, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
iCube, Two Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong
About the event
The purpose of the seminar is to discuss the latest policy proposal by SFC, which will allow retail investors to trade liquid digital tokens on licensed virtual-asset platforms with regulatory oversight and investor protections. The seminar will also highlight Hong Kong's commitment to becoming the leading Web3 hub in JI Hub and the opportunities and challenges ahead.
The proposed panel topics for discussion are as follows:
- The Regulatory Framework For Retail Trading.
- How To Obtain Licenses To Provide Retail Trading?
- The Potential Of Hong Kong To Become A Web3 Hub.
- Hong Kong's Role To Be The Bridge Between China And The Rest Of The World.
- Opportunities And Challenges Ahead.
Dr. Kyle Wong, President of ABCD & Founder of GreatMeta Limited.
- OSL / BC Technology Group: Gary Tiu, Executive Director of BC Technology Group.
- Hashkey Group: Ben El-Baz, Head of Ecosystem of HashKey Group.
- HKBitEx: Ken Lo, Chief Strategic Officer at HKBitEx.
- Digital Vision Brands: Vincent Lau, Co-Founder.
Venue: HKU iCube, 4005-4007, 40/F, Two Exchange Square, Central
Mode: Face-to-face seminar + Zoom